New President, Iva King’s first presiding meeting was multi-platform, with Susie Weller and Vivian Preston Sellers attending via Zoom and the rest in person. After her opening words, Iva then made a video for Rev. Pippin of Board members introducing themselves.
- Vivian Sellers and Sarah Cook will continue to be Board representatives on the COVID task force
- Marguerite Holmes will replace Susan Curtis as the Board liaison to the Communications team.
- Jane Mayer was unanimously elected as Board of Trustees Vice President for 2022-2023.
The Board confirmed the following membership of the Finance Committee: Vivian Preston Sellers, chair; Lyndall Tunnell, Thrane Jenson, Peter Gillis, Barb Schell, Iva King, and Jane Mayer.
Lyndall Tunnell gave the state of the 2021-2011 budget and pledges. 94% of the pledged amount has come in which is normal for this congregation. Lyndall did express concern about UUFA’s low reserve funds.
The Big Picture Discussion for July focused on Board use of Google Docs. This will be revisited once Rev. Pippen is here.
Among the choices given for the Board of Trustees retreat, the group prefers August 21 in the afternoon.
- On August 7, Rev. Pippin will install the Board of Trustees during the regular Sunday service.
- The Art Gallery naming committee, chaired by Clela Reed, expects to have a proposal for the Board in September or October.
- Penny Oldfather is forming a committee to develop guidelines for displaying signage and banners on our grounds.
DID YOU KNOW? The Board members rotate responsibilities for these 6 categories for each meeting: 1) Opening words (relevant to monthly theme) 2) Timekeeper, 3) Action Item Keeper, 4) Hand Watcher, 5) Bulldogger, 6) monthly Tapestry article. If you can’t guess what some of these duties are about then ask one of our nine friendly Board of Trustees members: Iva King, Jane Meyer, Lyndall Tunnel, Penny Oldfather, Sarah Cook, Marguerite Holmes, Marco Messori, Vivian Sellers, Susie Weller.
The next scheduled Board meeting is Aug. 9. Visitors are welcome to attend. Please check with the Board Secretary, Sarah Cook, before the meeting.