Video Technician for Live Streaming Worship
Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Athens, GA
JOB SUMMARY: The primary function of this position is to provide support and coordination for the Sunday worship service of UUFA. This position is supervised by and works closely with the minister, and works collaboratively with administrative staff and the volunteers on the Worship Arts and Celebration Team (WACT).
REQUIREMENTS: Two or more years of experience
- working with digital technology such as Google Drive, PowerPoint, and Google Slides
- working with MP4 files (including converting slideshows to MP4s and editing videos)
- livestreaming to various platforms (YouTube, Facebook)
- coordinating Zoom with livestream platforms as needed
- producing livestream video
- operating video switching system
- managing camera movements and scene switching
Hours: 3 hours (9:00 a.m. to noon) on Sundays through the church year, August through May. Time in June and July as determined by the WACT and minister.
Compensation: Starts at $20 an hour. Paid personal time off (vacation, leave, etc.) in accordance with UUFA policy.
Status: hourly, non-exempt employee, part-time, with paid time off.
Reports to minister. The Annual Performance Review is done by the minister with support from the WACT.
Background: All employees complete a background check in accordance with UUFA policy and procedure. Generally, convictions for an offense involving children and/or for offenses involving violence, dishonesty, indecency and any conduct contrary to our mission will preclude someone from being hired.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: high school diploma or equivalent.
- Sets up and monitors livestream platform/s on Sundays, and some special worship events (i.e. Christmas Eve, funerals).
- Maintains video equipment and arranges for repair as needed.