Goals for 2020-2021 (THEME: Let it Be a Dance)
Deepening engagement and growth for all ages
- Evaluate policies and their practice related to safety and behavioral standards for children and adults.
- Educate Board of Trustees on diversity issues.
- Include youth in governance.
- Review and recommend facilities and staffing analyses for RE & RE Wing.
Engaging in deeper and more diverse community collaborations
- Explore options to develop UUFA Community Outreach Ministry.
- Create a Board Liaison to Social Action Committee to provide resources and support to SAC teams.
- Review and update building rental policies and practices in light of congregational goals re: diversity.
Securing the present – Building for the future
- Review and update UUFA web pages related to “About UUFA” and “Stewardship.”
- Review and update Policies and Procedures for voicing and processing member concerns.
- Review and recommend improvements on Board communications to and with congregation (informational boards and screens, website, town halls, congregational meetings, branding).
- Seek updates from Membership Team and Care Team to determine if contacts are being maintained.
- Provide resources to continue streaming Sunday services and creating informational podcasts.
- Develop ten-year budget plan for building systems maintenance by obtaining information as to age, requirements and costs from EOV Team and Building and Grounds Committee.
- Develop policies and procedures, structure, and marketing plan for Endowment/Legacy campaign strategies by working with the Endowment Team.
- Investigate the idea of creating a flexible budget.
- Identify and implement form of budget drive.
Safety and Security:
- Develop standing committee to address Safety and Security issues.
- Develop policies and related handbook.
- Create a system of annual training re: safety (CPR, active shooter, etc.) for individuals and congregation.
- Identify staff vs. volunteer roles in Safety and Security overall plan.
- Assure AED is installed.
- Consider using security cameras with resources provided by the Board to obtain cameras, other equipment, and services.
- Develop phased guidelines and protocols for re-opening the grounds and buildings to meetings in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Review and vote on the revised Personnel Handbook content and structure.
- Assist minister in prioritizing competing demands for self and staff.
- Assist minister in identifying and developing financial implications for personnel changes to increase efficiency and support staff retention, especially in the hiring of a settled minister in 2022.
- Review and update hiring policies and practices in light of congregational goals re: diversity.