2019 – 2020
Deepening engagement and growth for all ages
- Evaluate policies and their practice related to safety and behavioral standards for children and adults.
- Educate Board of Trustees on diversity issues.
- Include youth in governance.
- Review and recommend facilities and staffing analyses for RE & RE Wing.
Engaging in deeper and more diverse community collaborations
- Explore options to develop UUFA Community Outreach Ministry.
- Review and update building rental policies and practices in light of congregational goals re: diversity.
Securing the present – Building for the future
- Review and update UUFA web pages related to “About UUFA” and “Stewardship.”
- Review and update Policies and Procedures for voicing and processing member concerns.
- Review and recommend improvements on Board communications to and with congregation (informational boards and screens, website, town halls, congregational meetings, branding).
- Develop ten-year budget plan for building systems maintenance.
- Identify and implement form of budget drive.
- Develop policies and procedures, structure, and marketing plan for Endowment/Legacy campaign strategies.
Safety and Security:
- Develop standing committee to address Safety and Security issues
- Develop policies and related handbook.
- Create a system of annual training re: safety (CPR, active shooter, etc.) for individuals and congregation.
- Identify staff vs. volunteer roles in Safety and Security overall plan.
- Review and update Personnel Handbook content and structure.
- Assist minister in prioritizing competing demands for self and staff.
- Assist minister in identifying and developing financial implications for personnel changes to increase efficiency and support staff retention.
- Review and update hiring policies and practices in light of congregational goals re: diversity.