In 2014, UUFA Celebrated Its Diamond JUUbilee!
1954! It was the mid 20th century when our Fellowship got its start. Throughout 2014 we celebrated our 60th Anniversary, remembering our founders and looking forward to further realize our UU principles.
Among the online highlights is an inventory of the Fellowship’s revered objects and a description of how they came to be. The 60th Anniversary committee developed a 2014 calendar filled with activities at the Fellowship and beyond. After the January celebration launch, we featured:
- a February emphasis on UUFA connections to the larger UU community. Get details here.
- a March celebration of our founders. Find more here.
- an April highlight of our buildings and grounds, here and here,
- a May recognition of Lifespan Religious Education, here,
- a June celebration of UUFA’s past and present social action, here,
- a July concentration on spiritual arts, here, and
- an August emphasis on our extensive music program, here.
- September ushered in Sixty Days of Celebration, beginning with recognition of ministers, staffers, and lay leaders, here.
- October brought our retreat to The Mountain followed by onsite and community service projects, as we celebrated community, here.
- November highlighted our members and friends, here. On November 1 the committee hosted a congregation-wide weekend of celebration featuring then-UUA Moderator Jim Key.
- In December, the emphasis shifted to our future, here.
Members of 60th Anniversary Committee: Myrna Adams West, Chair: Lee Cornell, Meredyth Fleisher, Hester Meyer, Diane Bridges, Susan Curtis, Carol-Lee Baker, Patty Freeman-Lynde, Michelle Leebens-Mack, Aleta Turner, and Ted Mayer.