Interim Minister Lisa Romantum Schwartz Demystifies the Pledging Process
Please Support the Fellowship!
The time is now to make your annual financial pledge of support to the UU Fellowship of Athens. Whether you are a member or friend of UUFA, we hope you will support our activities because of their positive impact on people’s lives both now and in the future.
The goal of the 2021-2022 Annual Budget is roughly $373,000 in pledges, which is a 10 percent increase from last year. However, it is only an increase of approximately 6.5 percent from the 2019-2020 budget. Last year’s pledge units were fewer than the previous year; consequently, the budget was less. We hope you will consider at least a 10 percent increase in your annual giving. In addition, please make a pledge rather than donating regularly without making a pledge so that we can create a realistic budget.
Please pledge by:
- ONLINE -- Click the button on this page.
- PAPER IN THE MAIL --To download and print a paper copy of the pledge form, click on this link – Pledge Form 2021-2022. Turn in one side with your pledged amount and keep the other for your records, OR- simply mail a note with your name, yearly pledge amount, address, phone number, and to UUFA, ATTN: BOOKKEEPER (780 Timothy Road, Athens, GA 30606).
- BY PHONE -- Speak with or leave a detailed message for UUFA Administrator Shaye at 706-546-7914, ext. 5.
Building a New Way
As the Fellowship begins a search during the 2021-2022 program year for its next settled minister, we will be trying to figure out who we are and where we want to go so that the minister we choose will be able to help us get there. We will need to explore new ways of doing things—as we have been doing this past program year. What new things (livestreamed services, as an example) do we want to keep? How can we adapt?
UUFA Budget Process Discussed
2021-2022 Priorities for Increased Giving
Some of the major goals for next year’s budget include the following:
- Paying for a quality search for a new minister, estimated to cost about $12,000.
- Increasing staff salaries to meet current UUA guidelines and including a cost-of-living adjustment so that we are a just employer and so that potential ministerial candidates will know our commitment to that ideal.
- Paying our mortgage on the “new” building with ease, which will increase by about $13,000 during the next program year.
- Continuing to expand our technology, compensating fairly those who work with it.
If you are considering making a pledge for the first-time, thank you! Please review the Fair Share Contribution Guide to help guide your pledge decision. The UUA recommends 2-6 percent of your net income as a good starting point, understanding that individual circumstances may indicate more or less than that amount.
If you are currently pledging, please consider making at least a 7 percent increase to your current pledge if individual circumstances and means allow. We hope to increase the overall pledged amount by at least 7 percent to afford the usual increases in costs of programming costs and other expenses, the paying of just salaries, and the search for a new minister.
- Important Dates to Note
- March 28 the date by which to have made your pledge
- April 18 the budget town hall meeting
- May 16 the Annual Congregational Meeting to vote on the budget and other matters
New and updated pledges are always welcome anytime! Please support your UUFA with a pledge today!