Worship Service Archive 2020
Please click on a blue title below to download a pdf document (if available) or link to a video of past sermons and reflections.
Service Date, Title, Speaker/s
- October 25: The Art of Living Civilly CLICK HERE TO VIEW The past few years have been long and have strained the fabric of society. The idea of civil discourse seems to be a naive dream. Will it ever be possible to move past isolation and fear and into relationship with folks who aren’t just like us? Interim ...
- October 18: Listen, Listen, Listen to My Heart’s SongGrieving the loss of someone or something we hold dear is a part of being human — it’s a feature, as they say, not a bug. Still, grieving is something in which we can gain facility and strength. Interim Minister Rev. Lisa Schwartz explores how to grieve well and wholeheartedly ...
- October 11: The Rainbow’s ArcUnitarian Universalists are rightly proud of being leaders in accepting the fullness of human sexual and gender expression. On this Coming Out Day, UUFA’s Interim Minister Rev. Lisa Schwartz unpacks the history of the GLBTQIA+ movement, how the rainbow revolution came about, and what struggles might lie ahead to upset ...
- October 4: All Creatures of the Earth and SkyOctober 4 is International Animal Day. In the interconnected web of all existence of which we are a part, animals are both lovingly incorporated and distancely “othered.” Join us in exploring the balance that is happening and might happen in our relationships with animals. This month’s Cause of the Month is ...
- September 27 – Whose Are We?There are many tales, historical and metaphorical, that describe how individuals and groups gain insight into their core identities. Interim minister Rev. Lisa Romantum Schwartz will use a very ancient story from the middle east to explore the existential question – not “who” we are, but “whose” we are. https://www.facebook.com/uufaga/videos/2426999550938780
- September 20 – The Importance of Being WrongIn the dance of humanity, knowing the right steps (and avoiding stepping on toes) is key to keeping the organism moving. In today’s polarized world, making sure we’re right about things seems more important than ever. Interim Minister Rev. Lisa Romantum Schwartz will dig into the premise that we may ...
- September 13 – Leadership, Followership, and Membership: Let it Be a DanceHow does a functioning community, a moving organism, adapt to welcome new people, new ideas, and new dance steps? Today we will welcome new members to the Fellowship, and our interim minister, Rev. Lisa Romantum Schwartz, will speak on the importance of leadership, followership, and membership.
- September 6 – May I Have This Dance with You?: Women’s Suffrage–Dancing in the Right DirectionAs we recognize the 100-year anniversary of the passage of the 19th Amendment giving women the right to vote, we honor those who have led the charge. We have progressed, but we still have work to do. https://www.facebook.com/uufaga/videos/347364729780995/ (NOTE: the video may not be viewable immediately at this link. Often FaceBook checks ...
- August 30 — Meanwhile…An interim time is an in-between time, but it isn’t just a time of waiting around for the really real, truly important thing to happen. According to William Bridges, transition is “a fertile state, a creative state, a state of pure energy and great potential.” Rev. Lisa Romantum Schwartz will ...
- August 23 – Flowing over the ThresholdWhat makes a community? How does it work together, especially in a time when “togetherness” is virtual? The Fellowship’s new Interim Minister, the Rev. Lisa Romantum Schwartz, begins her service to UUFA this morning, and the community flows over a threshold together. Be a part of the journey! https://www.facebook.com/uufaga/videos/3024762110967410/
- August 16 – The Cooling Waters of CommunityJust as we sat in the fires of events happening in our lives right now, let us also pause to see and feel the cooling waters of community that support us in these moments. A water service led by Lay Minister Lee Cornell. VIDEO TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE
- August 9 – Spirituality of MovementEmbodying our values through movement in the privacy of our own homes. https://www.facebook.com/uufaga/videos/276707793628160/
- August 2 – Sitting in the FireJoin Lay Ministers Heather Jensen and Lee Cornell as we examine the events happening in our lives right now and how taking a pause to sit in the fire and observe what’s going on can lead to deeper connection, understanding, and peace. https://www.facebook.com/uufaga/videos/276707793628160/
July 12, Improvisation, Virginia Carver and Leigh Harvey (video link)
June 28, Living with Pride, with UUFA members (video link)
June 7, Sharing the Ministry at UUFA, Rev. Alison Eskildsen and new Lay Ministers (video link)
May 17, Religious Exploration Sunday, Kelli McConnell (Dir. of Religious Exploration) and several Fellowship members (video link to be added)
May 10, Mothering in Many Forms, with several Fellowship members (video link)
March 8, Resistance Songs, Amber Fetner, Music Director
March 1, Voting Our Values, Rev. Alison Eskildsen
February 23, Black Lives of UU, Rev. Alison Eskildsen
February 16, Mountain Magic, Maddalena Messori, Owen Rayburn, Kelly Simonsen, Virginia Carver
February 9, Let’s Celebrate Love, Rev. Alison Eskildsen
February 2, Hidden Stirrings, Rev. Alison Eskildsen
January 19, The Spirit of Justice, Kate Blane, John Olive, Heather Jensen, Rev. Alison Eskildsen
January 12, Mystical Insights, Rev. Alison W. Eskildsen
January 5, Open to Opportunity, Rev. Alison W. Eskildsen