Living Your Values
Click HERE to sign up for the UUFA Social Action Committee email listserv.
Click HERE to sign up for the UUFA Green Sanctuary Committee email listserv.
Click HERE to sign up for the UUFA FREE (Food Responsibility and Enjoyable Eating) email listserv.
Click HERE to sign up for the UUFA Sanctuary Movement Team email listserv.
- May 16 and May 17: Our Daily Bread May 16, 2019What’s cooking? Hopefully you might be. 🙂 Help is needed on Thursday, May 16, at 2 p.m. to prepare the monthly meal for Our Daily Bread. Help is also needed on Friday, May 17, from 11:30 to 1 to serve the meal at First Baptist Church. Our Daily Bread Community Kitchen serves breakfast and lunch Monday-Friday and a sack meal on the weekends. Annually, this program provides more than 60,000 nutritious meals with gracious hospitality to men, women, and children in need and offers a gateway to other transformational services. Partnering with more than 70 volunteer groups. Our Daily Bread in Athens has served meals seven days per week, 365 days per year since 1989. To sign up to serve and/or to cook in May, click here. Questions? Contact David Jarrett (firstname.lastname@example.org or 706.338.2798). Our Daily Bread outreach is part of UUFA’s Justice Cluster. ——————————————————————————–
- MAY 8: PARES Appreciating Teachers and Staff May 9, 2019As part of our partnership with Alps Road Elementary (PARES) program, showing appreciation for the teachers and staff, UUFA will be providing some breakfast foods this Wednesday, May 8. As we did last year, we will provide muffins, scones, and apples. There are 65 staff members. Food would need to be dropped off at the Fellowship Tuesday afternoon for delivery to the school early Wednesday morning. If you would like to participate by making a dozen muffins or buying some apples, please contact Carol-Lee Baker (email@example.com or 706-483-2314). —————————————————————————–
- May 4: AADM (UUFA Justice Partner) Event May 14, 2019The UUFA Social Action Committee invites you to participate in the following event hosted by the Athens Anti-Discrimination Movement (AADM), a UUFA Justice Partner: Click here for more information. —————————————————————————–
- May 1: May Day Rally May 2, 2019The UUFA Sanctuary Movement Team invites you to participate in the following May Day Rally: The rally is part of Dignidad Inmigrante’s push for the Driving Without Fear campaign, in support of the immigrant community who are unable to attain licenses, yet at risk of deportation for the basic necessity of driving. We invite you to show the ACC Government that you support this campaign and help bring awareness to the community. FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/421738451994636/ When: May 1st, 4:30 to 6:30 pm Where: Meet at the corner of Prince and Pulaski (where the St. Joseph’s Catholic church used to be) What: March from there to the UGA Arch, see you there! —————————————————————————————-
- CANCELLED: May 19: Sanctuary Movement Team May 8, 2019This month’s meeting has been cancelled, so that all may attend the UUFA Congregational Meeting. In order to be current on immigrant justice issues, you are invited to attend the next meeting of the Interfaith Sanctuary Coalition on May 28.meeting. Click here for more information. Join us for the next gathering of the Sanctuary Movement Team on third Sunday of the month—June 16--beginning at noon-ish in the conference room. To join the Sanctuary Movement Team listserv, first click the headline above and then click here or go to https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uufa-sanctuary-movement-team/join. Need more information? Contact Nancy MacNair (firstname.lastname@example.org or 706.546.5237) or visit http://www.uua.org/immigration/witness/partners/newsanctuary. The Sanctuary Movement Team is part of the UUFA Justice Cluster. ——————————————————————————-
- May 28: Interfaith Sanctuary Coalition May 9, 2019Want to participate in immigrant justice in the Athens area? You are invited to the next meeting of the Interfaith Sanctuary Coalition to be held on Tuesday, May 28, from 7-8:30 p.m. at Oconee Street UMC. The Interfaith Sanctuary Coalition, comprised of members of some 15+ faith communities serving the Athens area, is dedicated to offering hospitality, safety, and opportunities for all immigrants, regardless of status, to participate fully in our shared community. This group traditionally meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month. For further information, contact UUFA Sanctuary Movement Team member Nancy MacNair (email@example.com). ———————————————————————————–
- May 18: Below Baldwin–Chalice Film Series (Click for more info.) May 3, 2019 ——————————————————————————-
- April 28 through May 5: Next IHNA Week May 2, 2019The UUFA will again be supporting Holy Cross Lutheran Church in hosting several homeless families for the week of April 28 to May 5 as part of the Interfaith Hospitality Network of Athens. This week comes fairly soon after our last support week, but it is our last until the end of summer. If you would like to volunteer for one of the support positions, please go to the following web site and sign up. volunteersignup.org/Y3WEX If you have not volunteered for the IHNA program previously, we will arrange for you to participate in a brief and helpful training session. Thanks for your continuing interest in this program! For further information, contact Mark Hodges (firstname.lastname@example.org). ————————————————————————————–
- Diaper Drive May 1, 2019 Many thanks to all who have contributed to the Sanctuary Movement Team’s Diaper Drive. The need for diapers for immigrant families in the Athens area continues, so the Diaper Drive continues. from the Interfaith Sanctuary Coalition: “You all are wonderful – imagine the burden this takes off the shoulders of young families who are struggling with so many other issues including the deportation of their husband/father. If UUFA is still generously donating diapers, we need sizes 3, 4, 6,and newborn. Another baby is on the way!” Please place the diapers you bring near the CANtribution basket. Questions? Contact SMT member Nancy MacNair (email@example.com) The Sanctuary Movement Team is part of the UUFA Justice Cluster. ———————————————————————————-