Living Your Values
Click HERE to sign up for the UUFA Social Action Committee email listserv.
Click HERE to sign up for the UUFA Green Sanctuary Team email listserv.
Click HERE to sign up for the UUFA Food Justice Team email listserv.
Click HERE to sign up for the UUFA Sanctuary Movement Team email listserv.
- June 17: UUFA Justice Partner Event June 18, 2021The Athens Anti-Discrimination Movement (AADM) is a UUFA Justice Partner.
- UPLIFT: The Colors of Pride – Pride Week of Actions June 11, 2021Click here to read the latest information from UPLIFT, the quarterly newsletter from the UUA’s LGBTQ Ministries, sharing LGBTQ voices in Unitarian Universalism and beyond.
- News from the Economic Justice Coalition, a UUFA Justice Partner June 10, 2021Linda Lloyd, Executive Director of the Economic Justice Coalition, has hired an assistant director, Gareth Fenley. Gareth will be working with the 13 county coordinators doing voter education and registration. They will be learning about their respective county offices and how they operate. They will be organizing and training canvassers and meeting in small groups of five to become familiar with procedures and practices. EJC has received to more grants of $25,000 each for these purposes. The search for new office space continues. The Worker’s Center is becoming more organized and has put a proposal for American Rescue Funds before the Commission. There is now a committee working on various aspects of the Worker’s Center and they meet regularly on Tuesday afternoons. For more information about the Economic Justice Coalition’s partnership with UUFA, contact Caryl Sundland.
- May 23: Alphabet Family May 24, 2021Do you identify anywhere on the LGBTQIA+ spectrum? Then come join us for fun and fellowship on May 23 from 6-8 p.m.! To join this meeting, click here. For further information, contact Ynza Morningstar.
- Input Needed on ACC Clean and Renewable Energy Campaign May 19, 2021On May 21, 2019, the Athens Clarke-County (ACCGov) Mayor and Commission unanimously voted to adopt a resolution to commit the following: By 2035: 100% of energy needs of Athens-Clarke County Unified Government are obtained from clean and renewable sources produced on-or-for Unified Government Properties. By 2035: 100% of electricity needs of the Athens-Clarke County community are obtained from 100% clean and renewable sources. By 2050: Athens-Clarke County Unified Government will decrease its use of third-party renewable energy certificates to no more than 40% of its total energy portfolio. By 2050: All energy needs for the Athens-Clarke County community are met by 100% clean and renewable sources. As part of the commitment, ACCGov’s Sustainability Office is pleased to announce the launch of the Planning and Development phase of the Clean and Renewable Energy Action Plan. As a community member, you can help define what 100 percent clean and renewable energy looks like for Athens-Clarke County. Your critical feedback and feedback from other local community members will help inform the Clean and Renewable Energy Action Plan that will guide ACC towards the most effective clean and renewable energy policies, programs, and technologies that are best-suited to meet the community’s needs. The Green Sanctuary Committee urges you to complete the online survey.
- June 6: Social Action Committee June 11, 2021Be the change you want to see in the world. You are invited to attend the next meeting of the Social Action Committee (SAC) Sunday, June 6, beginning at noon virtually. Click here to connect to this meeting. Can’t attend? If you would like to know what transpires in the UUFA SAC, join the SAC listerv. This listserv will let you know what transpires not only in the UUFA SAC but also in the local Athens area in terms of social action. Everyone is encouraged to sign up! For more information, contact David Jarrett. The Social Action Committee is part of UUFA’s Justice Cluster.
- March 7: Social Action Committee March 8, 2021Be the change you want to see in the world. You are invited to attend the next meeting of the Social Action Committee (SAC) Sunday, March 7, beginning at noon virtually. Click here to connect to this meeting. Can’t attend? If you would like to know what transpires in the UUFA SAC, join the SAC listerv. This listserv will let you know what transpires not only in the UUFA SAC but also in the local Athens area in terms of social action. Everyone is encouraged to sign up! For more information, contact SAC Chair David Jarrett. The Social Action Committee is part of UUFA’s Justice Cluster. —————————————————————————————
- Wednesdays: Diaper Drive and CANtribution Collection January 19, 2021You are invited literally to drive by UUFA (in the parking lot) EVERY Wednesday, 3-4 p.m. to drop off diapers for the Athens immigrant community and/or nonperishable food items for the Athens Area Emergency Food Bank. Please remember the food bank does not accept expired food. Please read the UUFA Phase One Opening Guidelines, which include wearing your face mask and distancing physically. For further information, contact Diane Bridges. Not a fan of driving or shopping but still want to give? Monetary contributions are gratefully received. Give here; choose “Diapers &/or Cans” and then note any appropriate memo for your gift.