Fun & Fellowship
Get to Know One Another!
There are many ways to make friends and feel you belong at UUFA. You can participate in social justice activities, create a lay-led worship service, or serve the Fellowship in ways large or small. We encourage you to spend social time together and have fun. Below are some activities that offer fun while you get to know others at UUFA. For more information on any of these, or other fun/fellowship activities, contact the Lay Minister for Fellowship.
PLEASE NOTE: Times and days listed below are the most regularly scheduled meetings, but please check the UUFA’s Weekly News Page: https://www.uuathensga.org/NEWS for the latest updates and changes to these schedules.
The completed calendar of events can be viewed, daily, weekly, and monthly here: https://www.uuathensga.org/calendar
- Book Talks, the UUFA book reading organization, has been meeting for 17 years to discuss books the group has read. During that time, more than 150 fiction and nonfiction books, suggested by the members, have been read. Started in 1977 by Bob Covi, the group meets the second Sunday of the month from September through May. Members bring a bag lunch to go along with the discussion. Each fall a brochure is available which gives the reading schedule for the upcoming year. Contact Clarissa Finco for more information (706-543-6064).
- Coffee and Conversation (before, between, or after Sunday services)
- All-UUFA Retreat at The Mountain Retreat & Learning Centers, Highlands, NC, held in the fall every other year. The next retreat is scheduled for September 21-23, 2018. Contact Vivian Preston Sellers for more information.
- Men’s Breakfast Group is a group of men of UUFA who gather for breakfast twice a week — Tuesdays, 9am, at Panera Bread on Atlanta Highway, and Thursdays at Cracker Barrel on Epps Bridge Pkwy. For more information, contact Frank Boardman.
- Scrabble Night meets the third Friday of each month at 7 pm. Contact Kathy Larson for more information.
- Second Lookers (second Tuesday each month at noon) is a chance for men and women who have retired from jobs, but most certainly, not from life! We are interested and interesting older members of the Fellowship who gather to catch up with each other over brown bag lunches and coffee followed by a program of interest to members. Come check us out. Please contact Sally Randall for more information or to give a presentation at a meeting.
- Wednesday Potluck meets weekly at UUFA (6 pm to socialize, 6:30 pm to eat). Bring a dish to share. Contact Shaye in the office for more information.
- Tai Chi and Qigong at UUFA meets usually Tuesdays at 6-7 pm. Ongoing class that anyone can join at any time. Includes self-massage, breathing exercises, and simple moves for meditation and fitness that are easy to learn. Come join us! Contact Jackie or Bill Pierson.
- Women’s Lunch Group is a group of women of UUFA who gather for lunch once a week, Wednesdays, at 11:30 am, at Jason’s Deli on Alps Road. Contact Shaye in the office for more information.
If you’d like to suggest or lead an event, please contact Carol-Lee Baker, Lay Minister for Fun & Fellowship at <firstname.lastname@example.org>. If you have a group or activity that you want to list here, please contact Shaye in the office.