All-UUFA Retreat 2021
The UUFA fall retreat, which was scheduled for this October 2-4, 2020, has been cancelled. It has been rescheduled for next year — October 1-3, 2021. Hopefully we can look forward to a large group of us celebrating in the midst of nature on beautiful Little Scaly Mountain at our official UUFA retreat next fall.
There are a few of us who are planning a smaller gathering at The Mountain on the same weekend our original retreat was scheduled. This will be an opportunity for a more personal experience spending time with UUFA friends face to face (but distanced) in the peace and serenity of a very special place. We’ll have a few activities, take walks, sit on the deck at the lodge enjoying the scenic views, visit meditation rock. We’ll have a wonderful time and enjoy a total change of surroundings. It would be so nice if you can join us.
The folks at The Mountain have taken precautions to make weekend gatherings like this safe. Following are some details:Individual rooms are available at no additional charge for those who live alone. Couples/families would stay together.
• Meals will be provided in the dining hall. Masks currently would be worn while in line.
• Food would be plated for us. Breakfast and dinner would be served and lunch would be packed for each person – might be able to negotiate lunch serving also, depending on how many folks attend.
• Seating in the dining hall is spaced and outdoor seating is available
• Any group activities would likely be outdoors
• The time frame (Friday afternoon or evening through Sunday lunch) remains the same
• Fees remain the same. Early Bird rate (20.00 saving) available until Sept. 20
• The Mountain would need about 20 paying people in order to make this work
• Hand sanitizer will be available at frequent locations. Disinfecting wipes will also be available.
• There will be quarantine rooms available should anyone develop a symptom while there.
If you’d like to join us, or for more information, contact Carol-Lee Baker at 706-483-2314 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration for this gathering is on The Mountain website, themountainrlc.org. Click on the Events tab and scroll down to the date Oct.2-4.